Clients we have worked with in the past…
CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people and their families. They provide clinical, practical, financial and emotional support to help them cope with cancer and get the most out of life. They are there from diagnosis onwards and aim to help the whole family deal with the impact of cancer and its treatment, life after treatment and, in some cases, bereavement.
CLIC Sargent was formed in 2005 after a successful merger between CLIC and Sargent Cancer Care for Children.
- Sargent Cancer Care for Children – founded in 1968 by Sylvia Darley OBE as a lasting memory to the late Sir Malcolm Sargent.
- CLIC – Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood – founded in 1976 in the south west by Bob Woodward following the diagnosis of his young son Robert with cancer two years before. Sadly, Robert died in 1977 aged 11 years, and Bob went on to dedicate his life to charity work.
CLIC Sargent’s Vision
- To reduce the practical and financial impact of cancer treatment on a child, or young person, and their family
- To support the emotional wellbeing and resilience of children, young people and their families
- To maximise the time that children and young people can spend safely at home during treatment
- To maximise children and young people’s potential by enabling them to access education, training and employment opportunities.